Educators engage in professional learning.

My 491 practicum allowed me various ways to engage in professional learning from working together with another student teacher in the same building, collaborating with the Aboriginal support worker, and gaining knowledge and the resources available about on how implement class economy inside an intermediate classroom that I was fortunate enough to learn during our non-instructional day. I was glad to hear two of my colleagues from university were in the same building for our final practicum at Springwood Elementary. This would offer each of us extra support for one another and we also had a chance to co-create lessons for our literature circles unit for English language arts and also in physical education. Knowing the fact there was an extra support system in the school building allowed each of us to collaborate and share ideas to engage in professional learning by improving as educators by reflecting and providing feedback. I Collaborated with the Aboriginal support worker at our school building to coordinate a Restorative Practice Circle in the classroom once week to openly discuss how to improve the class environment. This allowed me more insight in implementing Aboriginal education in the future, and to ensure that I utilize a valuable resource, such as an Aboriginal support worker in the school building. Gaining knowledge on how to implement a class economy and how to receive these free resources for your classroom was an awesome experience during our non-instructional day, learning alongside with other educators. Connecting with of other educators on twitter is something I am beginning to incorporate to further develop professional learning, by being able see the great job other educators are doing in our province, to possibly implement in my future classroom.