There are two main reasons why I decided to get onto the path of becoming a teacher.  The first being the influence of my past teachers of mine that I appreciated and left a lasting positive impression of myself and also enabled me to think that teaching is something that I could enjoy.  These teachers made learning fun, were able to connect with students and gain their trust.  I value building relationships and supporting and mentoring to kids to believe in themselves whether it being a educational or sports related.  The second reason that convinced me to start on a path of becoming a teacher was my first coaching experience for a junior basketball locally at John McInnis Secondary School, where I gained essential experience in dealing with children and it is where I really noticed that I possessed an innate ability to build positive relations and help build motivate these students with their self-confidence on and off the basketball court.  The three years I coached at this school really allowed my to grow and realize more about the strengths and weaknesses that I possessed.  Most importantly, it made me realize how much I like being around young kids and valuing  their perspectives and energy which become contagious and really brings out the youth in myself, to live vicariously through my former players.  It is still rewarding for me when I run into my former players locally and to check up on how they are doing and reminisce about their years on the basketball court.  These ever-lasting relationships are a main reason in what influenced me to go into the teaching profession, realizing i have a lot to offer in this field aside from delivery the best curricular content, but to help guide students and to help motivate and build up their self esteem.  I hope my experience in handling children in past will serve as a platform for me to improve and hone the art of teaching in my future endeavour.